POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha problems: text is not antialiased : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Nov 2001 05:41:05
Message: <3bea6141@news.povray.org>
In article <3bea5a84$1@news.povray.org> , "Alex Falappa"
<afa### [at] remove-medatamatit> wrote:

> (maybe related to that reported by John David
> Haiducek in the thread "Alpha output"):

No, not really.

> - text object are not antialiased against the background (they do against
> other objects) using alpha output on and method 1
> - text object are antialiased oddly against the background using alpha
> output on and method 2

What you probably refer to is the visual difference if you look at the
antialiased borders of any object (there is nothing "special" about text
objects) they look "lighter" if the alpha-channel output is on and the image
is presented on a (nearly plain) background taking the alpha channel into
account.  This is simply because both the color and the alpha channel are
antialiased and thus the resulting borders where antialiasing is used look
different.  I know this doesn't look perfect or wrong, but it is the way
antialiasing works.  Try it with a dark background and you will see the
effect change as it should...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde